Cool gifts for dads who love to bakelunchbox
If your Dad’s more likely to be watching Bake Off than Top Gear, and is often found elbow deep in cake batter working on his ‘showstopper’ he’s baking for the local fete, then why not get him one of our Cool Gifts for Dads who love to bake?
There’s our Message Rolling Pin so he can stamp his homemade pies ‘baked with love’, our Mon Cherry measuring spoons and egg separator, and the Nutter Cookie Cutter so he can cut his own cute critter cookies. And these aren’t just cool Gifts for dads; we’ve even given you a handy Millie’s cookie recipe below to turn it into a gift you can both enjoy doing together. Because surely the gift of spending time with their favourite child is the coolest gift of all?
(Tastes just like the real thing!)
Makes 1-12 Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Once creamed, use our adorable Mon Cherry Measuring Spoons and Egg Separator to measure out 1 tsp vanilla extract. Combine this and the egg with the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chips.
- Have a cheeky taste of the raw cookie dough whilst Dad’s not looking.
- Use the Message Rolling Pin to roll the cookie dough out, stamping it with your message as you go. We recommend selecting ‘secret recipe’ so that you and Dad can enjoy making people guess what the imaginary secret ingredient is.
- Cut your cookies out of the dough using our Nutter Cookie Cutter for cute squirrel shaped cookies!
- Bake your cookies for just 7 mins to get that deliciously gooey centre.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before scoffing the lot, and congratulate yourself on a great gift for Dad.
125g butter, softened
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
200g chocolate chips